Clavia has redesigned the Nord Lead 2 with state-of-the-art hardware and more memory and created the Nord Lead 2X. They didn’t change the concept – or the sound, for that matter. They just put in new hardware to make it possible for this great synth to live on for many more years to come.
Clavia Nord Lead 2X at a Glance:
- Great sound of the Nord Lead 2 with expanded memory and more presets
- 20-voice polyphony handles dense layered sounds
- More user program spaces and performance memory
- Crystal-clear sound quality from improved 24-bit/96kHz converters
Great sound of the Nord Lead 2 with expanded memory and more presets
The Nord Lead 2X has the same powerful sound engine and specifications as the Nord Lead 2, except for the new internal memory that holds a huge amount of factory sounds and a lot of space for your own sounds. Thanks to the large internal memory, there is no longer any need for additional PCMCIA cards. The Nord Lead 2X comes with 3 x 99 user Programs, 100 user Performances and 3 x 10 user Percussion Kits plus 7 x 99 factory Programs, 3 x 100 factory Performances and 7 x 10 factory Percussion Kits. The Nord Lead 2X is 100% patch compatible with the Nord Lead 2 which means that you can transfer sounds between the models via MIDI.
20-voice polyphony handles dense layered sounds
The Nord Lead 2X comes with 20 voices polyphony – very useful when creating layered sounds, “power pads”, awesome leads and booming basses. 20 voices are also very beneficial in sequencing situations when you use more than one sound at a time.
More user program spaces and performance memory
The Nord Lead 2X comes with a large internal memory holding 4 x 99 user Programs, 100 user Performances and 4 x 10 user Percussion Kits plus 6 x 99 factory Programs and 3 x 100 factory Performances! The Nord Lead 2X is 100% patch compatible with the Nord Lead 2 which means that you can transfer sounds directly between the models via MIDI.
Crystal-clear sound quality from improved 24-bit/96kHz converters
The awesome sound in the Nord Lead 2X is refined even further thanks to the brand new, crystal clear 24-bit DACs running at 96kHz .
Clavia Nord Lead 2X Features:
- Polyphony: 20 voices
- Velocity programming: Each function that is controlled by a knob, can be programmed to be controlled by velocity
- Morphing: Each function that is controlled by a knob can also be controlled by the modulation wheel/pedal to continuously fade between two sets of values
- 4-octave velocity sensitive keyboard
- Octave Shift buttons (+/-2 oct.)
- Keyboard Split, two sections
- Wooden Pitch Stick
- Modulation Wheel
- 1 pedal input for sustain and 1 for expression pedal
- 3 digit LED display, 26 knobs and 27 buttons for program editing
- Oscillator 1 generating sine, triangle, sawtooth or pulse wave with adjustable width
- Oscillator 2 generating triangle, sawtooth or pulse (with adjustable width) and can also generate noise with a color control
- 12 dB “2 pole” low pass, 24dB “4-pole” low-pass, band-pass or high-pass. Cutoff, resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity. ADSR envelope. Filter keyboard tracking can be set to full, half or off. Filter distortion